The Miss Dog Mom Pageant is more than a beauty contest. Our mission is to empower dog moms to successfully educate and advocate for animal-revelant causes dearest to them.
1) All contestants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of audition.
2) All contestants (human and dog) must be of good health and moral character, and able to stand for long periods of time, especially in heels (humans only). We STRONGLY urge women who are pregnant or are looking to become pregnant not compete for safety reasons, including but not limited to long hours of rehearsal*, dogs of various sizes being off leash at unpredictable times*, fall risk*, and the mandatory year of service for Miss Dog Mom.
*Note that some scenarios are more typical of an in-person show.
3) Any contestant must be prepared to deliver on a mandatory year of service, as aforementioned, should she be crowned Miss Dog Mom.
4) Dogs must not be aggressive and must be over 8 months of age at audition (this ensures vaccinations are all up to date). Current copies of all vaccinations must be available upon request. Dogs must also be potty trained, and have good leash walking skills.
5) Each contestant may only compete with one dog.
6) All contestants must have an accessible Facebook or Instagram account.
7) All contestants must be able to commit to the entire weekend of the 25th - 27th of September 2020 (and in the case of the winner, must also be available on the 28th). (Due to COVID-19, all meetings will be held virtually).
8) All contestants must have high speed internet and strong internet connections (due to COVID-19, we will holding our pageant virtually)